Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tortola 2010

Tortola, what can I say about it other than it is an amazing place. This would be a place I could easily call home. In fact we were tempted to have the kids shipped down there. I have always had a love for the ocean and I'm glad that I can share my love of the ocean with Mike. I hope that one day this could be home. For now, I love that we were able to spend the time with those we are very close to.

We had a great time swimming in the blue water and hanging out on the white sand beach. We were also lucky enough to go sailing and scuba diving two days. We dove a spot called the Indians and the RMS Rhone, which is a British Naval ship that sunk around 150 years ago. The diving was amazing. I must say that I am very impressed with my brothers abilities as a Captain. Nice work Mike!

We also had a great time at the house. I don't think we can ever thank Keri and Richard enough! Their house is beautiful and the view could not be better.

Tortola residents are very nice and I would say I understood about half of what they said. OK... maybe that's a little optimistic. The driving was a little insane, but it added to the adventure. They drive on the left and make one lane roads a two lane roadway. Their roads also go straight up or down and are a series of hairpin turns.

Here are a few (of the many) pictures we took. We are going to get together and combine our pics into one slideshow. I will post that when it's complete.



















2 comments:

Jimmy said...

So beautiful, Melissa! It looks like you guys all had a great time!

The Zouns said...

Looks fantastic, maybe we need to all go back and look for a place to buy with a dive shop attached. Glad to hear you had a great dive, did you get any underwater shots?

Paige and Allison

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers