Paige had a Girl Scout Halloween party that she went to the Monday before Halloween. That day I got an email from the room mother of Paige's class. She said that she would be moving that weekend, and would not be able to do the party. I had signed up to help so I was afraid that I would be left doing the entire party and of course, the other volunteers wouldn't return phone calls. Not that being in charge of the party would be bad, because I love helping out at the school. I just had no clue when I would fit it in. Luckily, a very sweet mother volunteered to be in charge so I lucked out and only had to come up with a game.
We decided to hide toys and candy in different boxes and the kids had to try to find them buried at the bottom without looking. The boxes had everything from toilet paper (mummy wrap) to rice (maggots) and noodles (worms). I loved watching the kids faces as they dug through the rice and noodles. We also had grapes (eyeballs) that were equally disgusting.
Allison also had a party at her school. She made cute art projects and brought home lots of candy and little toys.
After school we ran to ice skating for a quick lesson for Paige and then headed up to Mike and Robin's house for white chili and trick or treating. This year Robin and I took the kids out. Last year it was cold and raining and Mike had to carry Alli most of the way. This year I lucked out and Alli walked the whole way and although it wasn't warm, it wasn't freezing either.
Carving Pumpkins with Grandpa Old Guy, Grandma D, and Uncle CJ.
Pictures before school.... The Princess and The Nerd...
Paige's school party
Getting ready for Trick or Treating.


No comments:
Post a Comment