Monday, February 13, 2012

The Yurt at Solitude

This year Robin and I decided we would surprise the guys with a nice dinner for Valentine's Day.  We planned it all out and they had no clue what we were doing.  Yesterday I gave Mike a new pair of boots and told him Happy Valentine's Day.  He looked so confused......  Before we left the only thing he knew was that he needed snow boots, warm clothing, and we were taking wine.  We dropped the kids of at Grandma and Grandpa's and headed up the canyon.  The guys were convinced we were going to give them the wine and then leave them stranded up in the mountains.

We arrived at Solitude and had some time to spare so we stopped in at the Thirsty Squirrel.  Honestly, I just wanted to go there because of the name.  It turned out to be a pretty cool place.  Around 5:00 we met at the Adventure Station and got our snow shoes.  By this time the guys had almost figured out what we were doing.  We then headed up the mountain with our snow shoes.  The Yurt was a lot smaller than I thought, but it was nice and intimate.  We had a delicious 5 course dinner. The food was soooo good! I was really impressed with the chef, there is no electricity and no running water.  There is a large propane stove that she cooks the meals in; it also kept us nice and warm. After filling our bellies we headed back down the mountain to the Village.  I think if we do it again I want to stay the night there.  We passed by the hot tubs and they looked so nice!

I think they had a great time and they were definitely surprised! Happy Valentine's Day!
























2 comments:

Melanie Fiuza said...

FUN!!! Happy Valentine's Day you two, Love you guys!

Des said...

Very fun! That food looks yummy. :)

Paige and Allison

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers